Abeyon achieves critical business outcomes for our clients by hiring and retaining world-class talents with a desire to apply and grow their expertise. Abeyon staff share a mutual commitment with the organization to provide a fun, fair, entrepreneurial, and high-reward environment for everyone.
We very strongly believe in empowering employees with tools that need to make them successful. We as a company want to be on cutting edge technology and work on projects that will help our clients achieve next generation results.
See below for current open positions
Senior Software Developer
Abeyon is looking for a Senior Software Developer experienced in building web applications using the latest technologies. The position requires a high level of software development expertise. The Senior Developer will be expected to bring knowledge of software development frameworks and have the ability to understand unique client environments. Experience with product development in a small company setting is highly desired. The developer will be required to program, guide, train and maintain all elements of the system (i.e. user interface, middle tier, and database).
Minimum Job Requirements
- 5 years related experience in .Net, Java or iOS development
- 3+ years related experience in databases
- 3+ years experience in Responsive Design, HTML 5 and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Information Technology or related field
- Master's degree is preferred
- Expert knowledge in software development architecture in varied technologies.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following Agile Scrum methodology.
- High skilled in .Net, Java and/or Objective C programming languages.
- Deep knowledge of key object-oriented design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and collections.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifies work process improvements; implements new technology.
- Prior experience working with complex large scale databases in highly desired.
- Experience working in business intelligence technologies and other data related technologies.
- Experienced in Mobile application development highly preferred.
- Experienced in Object Oriented programming.
- Experience with any of the following would be a plus: J2EE, Servlets/JSP, JDBC, JMS, web services, XML/XSLT, SQL, PL/SQL, Flex/ActionScript, JUnit, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Web Services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment in support of short iterative cycles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Great time management skills.
Essential Job Duties
- Builds software applications – Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Defines software architecture – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, identifies potential risks to successful implementation, and learns the application's capabilities.
- Communicates continually with the client and project teams; provides progress updates on the development effort.
- Works with the CEO on product development strategies, and client application discussions.
- Participates in client meetings and guides clients towards best solution and technology for client needs.
- Writes technical proposals for potential clients.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the software solutions
- Translates design and style guides, provided by the UI/UX team, into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contributes to continual improvement of UI/UX, software architecture or new technologies.
- Meet aggressive deadlines in accordance with company's expectations.
Additional Job Duties
- Other duties as assigned.